Welcome to Episode 7 of the Movement Logic podcast! In this solo episode, Sarah tackles the tricky subject of pain, and whether it’s always bad if our clients and students have pain. She discusses the situations in which pain might be acceptable, and gives concrete tools and approaches for you to use with your clients who are having pain.
- What’s the difference between acute and chronic pain?
- When might it be ok – and when would it not be ok – for your students to have pain?
- How to avoid generating fear for your students around their pain experience
- How much pain would be acceptable for someone to have?
- How to tease out different sensations to help your client have greater discernment around what they’re feeling in their body
Explain Pain by David Butler and Lorimer Moseley
Pain is Really Strange by Steve Haines and Sophie Standing
Sign up here for the Movement Logic Newsletter for course discounts and sales and receive a free mini Pelvic Floor course!