Welcome to Episode 10 of the Movement Logic podcast! In this episode, Sarah and Laurel tackle the question of whether there is a right or wrong way to breathe, whether or not someone needs help with their breathing, and how to help various populations explore their breath mechanics.
- The problem with belly breathing
- Effective tactile cueing to help people to use their diaphragm effectively
- The problem with cueing people to breathe deeply
- Why creating a safe space to downregulate the nervous system takes priority
- Why some people benefit more by externalizing (rather than internalizing) their focus
- How to breathe during strength training
- Breathing and the pelvic floor
- Pranayama versus cardiovascular endurance training
- Should we breathe through our nose or mouth?
Sign up here for the Movement Logic Newsletter for course discounts and sales and receive a free mini Pelvic Floor course!