Welcome to Episode 14 of the Movement Logic podcast! In this episode, Laurel and Sarah discuss burnout: what is burnout, how do we avoid it, what do we do when it happens, and why do we see so much of it in the yoga and movement world.
- Does everyone experience burnout in the same way
- What does it mean to be emotionally labile
- Why do so many yoga and movement teachers go through burnout
- Can a teacher in a big expensive city make a living on group classes?
- How do we create boundaries that keep us from trying to ‘solve’ our students’ problems?
- What’s the best kind of relationship to have with your students?
- Some practical tips to prioritize yourself and preserve your own time
- What does Work Smarter, Not Harder actually look like?
I Know How She Does It by Laura Vanderkam
Antifragile: Things that Gain from Disorder by Nassim Talib
Sign up here for the Movement Logic Newsletter for course discounts and sales and receive a free mini Pelvic Floor course!