Welcome to Episode 12 of the Movement Logic podcast! In this episode, Sarah is joined by the one and only Jules Mitchell, to talk about myths and misbeliefs around strength, stretching, and how to really understand how research applies to our teaching.
- What are other models for movement beyond soft tissue – and can they coexist
- Does it matter if your teaching still “looks like yoga”?
- Should you call yourself a movement teacher instead of a yoga teacher?
- How accurate is it to make claims about strength in yoga?
- How teachers misinterpret research and why it’s happening
- Does age reflect interest in different aspects of yoga
- Should we still be stretching? Is it possible to overstretch?
- What movement trends are we moving towards in the future
Yoga Biomechanics: Stretching Redefined by Jules Mitchell
Sign up here for the Movement Logic Newsletter for course discounts and sales and receive a free mini Pelvic Floor course!