Preview our Shoulders Tutorial
About the Course
Let’s be honest, the shoulder is a pretty complicated bunch of joints that we tend to pay little attention to – until it hurts! In truth, we can recover from injury, or prevent future injury from taking place, with regular care and feeding of our shoulders. What does that look like? Functional and progressive movements that both challenge us to maintain healthy shoulder mobility and strength, and also prepare us for those big shoulder based movements of pushing and pulling (what shoulders are made for!).
Our Shoulder Tutorial is here to help. With close to 3 hours of viewing and practice material, you will:
- Learn a movement-based approach to working with clients who have an array of shoulder concerns, or who simply want to get stronger and more flexible through the whole shoulder girdle.
- Acquire a progression of exercises that explore wrist and hand function, scapular control, end range strength and stability of the shoulder, and the required strength and functionality to perform the two most basic shoulder movements: pushing and pulling! These exercises can also easily be introduced into any movement class.
- Review musculoskeletal anatomy to better understand how the shoulder integrates with the neck and trunk.
- Study up-to-date, biopsychosocial pain science that breaks down old beliefs around shoulder positions and movements – and how we incorrectly emphasize position over function
What to Expect in our Shoulders Tutorial
- Corrective and progressive exercise techniques for the hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders
- Extensive anatomy, biomechanics and kinesiology, and movement myths busted
- Watch immediately upon purchase!
- Tutorials are available forever
- Over 2.5 hours total viewing time
- 5 hours Yoga Alliance CEUs