In this episode, Sarah outlines five practical steps you can take as a movement teacher when you have a client or student who is injured. She discusses:
- Whether “just don’t do this pose” is a valid and useful answer for some teachers
- Why memorizing a billion modifications can work, but there’s an easier way
- What to do with a student when you don’t have any experience with their condition/injury
- How to think critically in the moment when you are teaching so you can offer the most logical solution to their issue
- How to relate to someone’s unique anatomy such that it might cause them pain or discomfort in a pose that you don’t experience
- A logical step-wise approach for any student
Sign up here for the Movement Logic Newsletter for course discounts and sales!